During the Second World War the Regiment had two battalions, the 1st serving overseas, and the 2nd as a Home unit stationed in Westmount. In an effort to boost morale and keep the lines of communication open between the two battalions, the “Intercomn” (note the “n”) was born. It was an extremely detailed publication that still provides excellent historical evidence today.
The current “Intercom” (the “n” has been dropped at some point since the 1950’s, perhaps as part of budget restraints?) is published on an ad-hoc basis and is intended to keep the friend & family of the Regiment up to speed with the accomplishments of the current serving members of the Regiment.