CITY OF POINTE-CLAIRE CADET CORPS (NO. 2806)
Authorised and sponsored by the City of Pointe Claire, Quebec, the City Council adopted the resolution on September 12th, 1966 and the Cadet Corps was formed on October 1st 1966, followed by its affiliation with The Royal Montreal Regiment the same day.
THE ROYAL MONTREAL REGIMENT CADET CORPS (NO. 2862)
In October 1969, LCol R. C. P. Lawson commanding, a start was made to establish a Regiment Cadet Corps under the guidance of Lt (later Capt) R. E. Pedley, who came to the RMR from the City of Pointe Claire Cadet Corps to organise and recruit the necessary personnel.
NO. 1, WEST MONTREAL SQUADRON ( ROYAL CANADIAN AIR CADETS)
This Squadron was formed in 1941 and has been in close terms with the Regiment since 1940 when it was first organised as an Air Cadet Corps, and then commanded by a very old friend of the Regiment; Squadron-Leader H. P. Illsey, who served with the Royal Flying Corps during the First World War.